Summer is my favorite season because it means that I can dig the rompers out of my closet and pretty much forget about pants until Fall comes around. It’s when backyard barbecues become a way of life and it’s when you know that corn dogs at the state fair are in your immediate future. Makeup doesn’t really exist because it’s going to melt off anyways, and you’re guaranteed to jump in the ocean (…if you live in California…) at least seven times. ISN’T IT THE BEST?!?!
I’m already so excited about Summer that I should probably join a support group and make t-shirts. (If you would like one, please let me know your t-shirt size and I will plan accordingly).
Today I’m sharing my bucket list, and I’d love to know what yours is!
1) Read the paper every Saturday: I get the Wall Street Journal delivered to my house every Saturday but they literally just stack up in my entry way because I never read them. The coffee shop I routinely went to read the paper closed down and honestly I’m still recovering from the heartbreak it caused. I mean, how could they? Did they not understand that that was the only place I could catch up on the news? And that a paper combined with a coffee in one hand and a blueberry muffin in the other hand is the only truly beautiful combination?
2) Go fishing: My coworker Melissa brought in some pocket fishing rods to the office yesterday and I got way to excited and started fake fishing in everyone’s offices. I’ve already asked my boss what a good weekend would be for me to take a three day weekend in July to go fishing. I am c-o-m-m-i-t-t-e-d.
3) Weekend in Big Bear: If you’re not from Southern California, you probably haven’t heard of Big Bear. No, it’s not a life-size Yogi Bear statue. (Nice guess tho!) It’s a lake-side town East of Los Angeles where city folk hoard to in the summers to get away from the wretched temperatures and grimy sidewalks. And do you know what Big Bear has? Fishing.
4) Camping in Yosemite: As a Northern California native, I can never forget about my one true love Yosemite. It’s the most accessible national park you’ll encounter and I’ve spent so many summer days hiking and camping in the valley.
5) Host backyard parties: Something I have come to realize this year is that I LOVE hosting people. I love planning appetizer menus and making name cards and setting up party games. It’s exhilarating to me. My backyard is a pretty good size, and I bought a barbecue on Amazon last month so basically I have everything I need to host Summer shin-digs.
6) Travel to another state: Southwest Airlines is my best friend. Their flights are cheap, their flight attendants are the sweetest, and their in-flight magazine is better than most regular grocery story magazines. I really want to do a weekend trip to Texas this Summer. I hear Austin is amazing (hot, but amazing) and I really want to visit.
7) Complete an ocean swim: I’m just putting this on the list for the meek chance that it actually happens. My ex’s best friend did one a couple of years ago and before then I really had no idea they existed in Southern California.
8) Scuba dive in Southern California: I finally went scuba diving again after three years in Hawaii. Now that I am confident that I remember how to dive, I want to join a dive club or something of the sort. But first I gotta get my own equipment….
WHAT I’M WEARING:
What are your plans this Summer? Let me know!